I moved to Texas a couple of years ago. It really wasn't my idea. My grandbaby was born here, and I had lost all feeling in my feet from the sub-arctic temperatures in Michigan. So here I am.
Unfortunately, I may not be a Texas resident much longer. Why? Because Texas may not be a state much longer! We are on the verge of becoming our very own country. Imagine that!
In case you haven't heard, Governor Perry has indicated recently that he thinks maybe Texas should secede from the Union. The federal government, according to Perry, "has become oppressive in its size and its interference with the states."
So there ya have it. We're outta here.
I wonder what kind of country Texas will be? ... Let's see ... We currently have:
- The highest utility rates in the country (thanks to deregulation in 2002)
- The highest percentage of people with no health insurance
- The most uninsured drivers
- The highest rate of teen pregnancy
- The highest obesity rate in kids
Texas: Too small for a country, too big for an insane asylum.