Kenneth Hughes was at work Monday when detectives asked him to come to Dallas police headquarters and answer some questions: Did he and his wife and daughter have trouble getting along? Were there problems within his family?
Hughes, 57, told them no. Afterward he learned what the questions were about. Officers were arresting his wife of 33 years and their daughter, who they said had tried to hire someone to kill him.
"It just floored me," Hughes said. "I couldn't believe it."
Hughes' wife gave a gun to a hit man as a down payment. Luckily for Ken, the hit man went to the police instead. Hughes continues to insist that he gets along well with his wife, saying "I just don't understand."
Now, what is the moral of this little story? Well, obviously some men need to be just a tad more in tune with what is happening in their marriage. I'd be willing to bet there were some warning signs that Kenneth overlooked.
Men, be extra careful if your wife:
- Asks for a gun for Christmas.
- Sprinkles something 'extra' in your dinner.
- Gets mysterious phone calls from someone named Bubba, Spike or Luigi.
- Knows your insurance agent's number by heart.
- Watches the following movies over and over: A Perfect Murder, Unfaithful, and Sleeping With The Enemy.