Thursday, May 14, 2009

Who turned the lights out?


(sure is dark in here!)


I was downstairs in the kitchen the other night, and my husband was upstairs watching tv. I finished puttering around and turned off the kitchen light - at the same moment that hubby turned out the upstairs light. The whole house went dark. Which is what usually happens when you turn the lights off.

Me: Oh no! The power's out.

Hubby: Great. Can you find the flashlight?

Me: No. I can't see a thing.

Hubby: I think it's in the pantry. What was that noise?

Me: Ow! Just my toe breaking.

Hubby: Forget it. Don't start rummaging in the pantry. I'll try to find my way down the stairs.

Me: Hey. How come the clock is still working on the microwave?

Hubby: What?

Me (flipping the light switch, which is what I should have done 5 minutes earlier): I guess the power came back on!

(...yes, the lights are on, but I'm often in the dark anyway.)

~~~


6 comments:

Lillian Robinson said...

Too funny! I can see us doing that! duh...

Anonymous said...

Now that's funny! Thanks for sharing.

Ziggy Stardust said...

funny, thanks!

Michael Horvath said...

Great teamwork!

Fran Hill said...

Don't either of you apply to work in supplying the nation's electricity, will you?

Rae said...

Lesley,
Aren't you the lucky one. Please stop by my blog. There is something for you to pick up. RAE

Christmas contest

We're having an office decorating contest at work! With prizes! So in my usual quirky way, I'm being as competitive as possible. ...