Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tools of the Trade


(fun, fun!)

I just discovered another way to have fun with blogs! I may never have a real life again.

Anne and Rae both had posts about "Tools" this week, which led me to discover Heads or Tails. This blog suggests a new topic or "meme" every week. To play the game, you post about that topic and then link back to your post from the home page.

This week's topic, as I've already said, is: Tools

So my post for today is about the tools that I use to do my job.

I work as a freelance copywriter. I write marketing materials including newsletters, direct mail and an occasional radio spot. Lately I have been trying my hand at writing greeting cards as well.

My tools are pretty simple. Here is Tool # 1, my little yellow Dell.



(good morning little Dell! i see you have been awake all night again)

My little Dell is very cute. But she has a lot of trouble "sleeping." I think it is because she came with Windows Vista. I described the problem in a previous post. She tends to pop back awake at random times, which drives me crazy. I guess she just doesn't want to miss anything.

Here is Tool # 2, my brain.



(unfortunately, i only have one brain and it is rarely this exciting)

My little brain also has a lot of trouble sleeping. I think it is because I am old. I pop awake at 3 am, and fall asleep during any and all movies. I even slept through Mission Impossible 2. It wasn't easy, but I did it.

Since my brain is so unpredictable, I rely heavily on Tool # 3:



~~~


13 comments:

Barb said...

First.. I LOVE the name of your blog as I am well known for talking. Too much most of the time. LOL!

I got my laptop about 4 months ago and although I still use my desk one primarily I like the laptop. (I can blog in bed.) Mine sleeps more than it is awake though.

I wake up at 3am too!!! Are we long lost twins or something? Coffee is a necessity.

I want to welcome you to HoT! We're not the biggest meme around but some of us like it that way. I hope you'll decide to play again. If you have any questions feel free to leave it in comments. :)

i beati said...

Such an enjoyable post - and you are right = those are the primary tools Sandy

Berni said...

Welcome to Heads or Tails. I participate most weeks and I hope to see you around. Good name for a blog and you will find it is quite addictive.

Lana said...

As I see it..it's all the tools you need :-) Good post!
Lani


Stop By on Monday Crazy Questions (MCQs)at http://mondaycrazyquestions.blogspot.com/

Lillian Robinson said...

Hey, those are my tools! I can so relate to the sleep/Vista problems! Nice post...

Hootin Anni said...

Hello!! Welcome to Heads or Tails! Your entry is perfect. And definitely some great tools of the trade. [Except I don't drink coffee. LOLOLOL]

Glad you could join us. Hope to see you a lot around blog-o-sphere.

And hope to see you drop by to visit with me sometimes too.

Hootin Anni said...

PS...just read your profile...you fellow Texan, you!!!!

Karen said...

I love your little yellow Dell! Did you name her?

Ziggy Stardust said...

Great post and I understand about waking up at 3. I end up blogging all night when I can't sleep. Tool#3 for me is Diet Coke, morning, noon and night lol.

Anne

Lesley said...

Thanks for the comments, everybody! I look forward to getting to know y'all better! Guess I'm not the only one up at 3 am ... maybe we should start an Insomniac Bloggers facebook page.
LOL

Mom Knows Everything said...

I LOVE IT!!! Great post and I especially love the last tool! I so agree with it...coffee is my best friend!

Rae said...

Love the post. Very creative and so funny too.

2cats said...

I like the name of your blog. It seems like I am always waiting for a turn to talk.
Coffee is a definite must. I don't wake up at 3 AM, I am usually still trying to fall asleep. I don't sleep much either just at opposite ends of the night.

Christmas contest

We're having an office decorating contest at work! With prizes! So in my usual quirky way, I'm being as competitive as possible. ...