(tomorrow's forecast: ditto)NOTE: The idea for this post was blatantly stolen from Weather Vane, a creative and witty blog that I love to read. Thanks for letting me "copy off your paper" Rae!
I love summer. I grew up in Connecticut, where 72 degrees is considered scorching hot and this would be considered "partly sunny" -
(See that little patch of blue? That's the partly sunny part.)
Then, in a moment of insanity, I decided to move to Michigan to go to college. Michigan! Yikes! Here is a nice August day in Michigan:
(Ok, ok, this probably wasn't August. Early June, maybe.)
I lived in Michigan for 35 years. In all that time, there were approximately four days when I could feel my fingers and toes.
But now, as I remind everyone constantly, I live in Texas! And if there's one thing Texas does well, it's summer!
What do I love most about summer? I'm so glad you asked! I love ...
1. Being able to go outside, any time of the day or night, without putting on a coat - or even a sweater.
2. Going barefoot.
3. Drinking lemonade with crushed ice.
4. The smell of sunscreen.
5. Listening to children splashing in the pool.
6. Green grass, green trees, and colorful flowers.
7. The smell of hamburgers on the grill.
8. Early morning walks.
9. Ice cream sandwiches that start to melt, so you have to lick the ice cream all around the edges. mmm...
10. Weather forecasts that range from "Hot And Sunny" to "Sunny And Hot." Just the way it should be.