Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Can you hear me now?

(i'm SO tired of people telling me i should have bought a mac.
especially because, quite clearly, i should have.)



"Thank you for calling Dell customer service. Your call is important to us, in spite of the fact that we are going to make you listen to MusicThatIsGuaranteedToCureInsomnia for the next 20 minutes. Please hold."

... 20 minutes later ...

Sahib Boyyouarestupidforbuyingadell: (with a strong Indian accent, not to be culturally insensitive, but if you have ever called customer service you know exactly what i mean) Hello? My name is Joe. How can I help you?

Me: Joe? Your name is Joe?

Sahib: You want help with your computer? Or you want more music?

Me: Fine. Joe it is.

Sahib: What seems to be the problem?

Me: Well Joe, my little yellow Dell laptop will not start. Again. It's only two years old, and it has now crashed three times.

Sahib: Do you have your data backed up?

Me: You're going to make me wipe my hard drive clean again, aren't you?!

Sahib: You really should use an external hard drive.

Me: I don't want an external hard drive, I want MY hard drive!

Sahib: I can't help you there. You know, they sell little memory sticks -

Me: I want my pictures! I want my files! I want my laptop to work! Is that too much to ask?

Sahib: Yes ma'am. Way too much. You should have bought a Mac.

Me: grrrrr ......

~~~


3 comments:

The Retired One said...

I have two computers, one is an old Mac...it is slower than my other computer, so---
so much for that theory. ha

PCDee said...

Oh the lovely customer service help line...

Greg said...

I hate it they take our jobs and our names to boot!

Christmas contest

We're having an office decorating contest at work! With prizes! So in my usual quirky way, I'm being as competitive as possible. ...