Saturday, July 10, 2010

Once upon a time, there were two little princesses ...

(my little princesses)


Have I mentioned lately that I love being a Grandma? I sometimes forget, since today's Grandma bears absolutely no resemblance to the gray haired rocking chair inhabitant the word probably brings to mind.

In fact, today's Grandma probably:

~ Works at a real honest to goodness job, since Grandpa has been laid off and Medicare is years away.

~ Dresses like a relatively normal person, with no crocheted shawls in sight.

~ Would not have any idea how to crochet a shawl, even if she was inclined to wear one, which at this point in time she most definitely is not.

And yet, in spite of her undeniable hipness, today's Grandma holds to some eternal truths:

~ Grandchildren can do no wrong.

~ If they start to act up and glare at Mommy and Daddy like a world-weary 16 year old, they must be tired poor little darlings and they clearly need just one more cookie.

~ And if you somehow forget just how perfect and adorable they are, you simply need to replay the message you have saved on your cell phone which says: "Hewwo? Gamma? I wuv you. I'm wearing my pwincess dwess. Wet me put you on speaker so you can see me."

I wuv my grandbabies. Can you tell?

~~~

2 comments:

Fran Hill said...

I have asked my kids to hold off the grandchildren thing until I'm at least 50. Two years to go ... and then I bet one has triplets!

Lesley said...

Fran, you'll be a fabulous granny! I can just picture you and three little princesses heading out for new adventures on the bus. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Christmas contest

We're having an office decorating contest at work! With prizes! So in my usual quirky way, I'm being as competitive as possible. ...