Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Where have you been???


(this is WAY more impressive than my office building,
which looks like a strip mall in need of some serious prozac)


I am totally an accomplished career woman now. In fact, I barely have time to talk to you before I slip into my stiletto Jimmy Choo heels and clack off to a high-rise office building for an important meeting.

But let's take just a minute to catch up. Here's a sure sign of just how accomplished I am:

This morning, I got up at 5:45 as usual. By 6:45 I had my hair done, makeup on, and a load of towels humming in the washing machine. I even added the fabric softener at just the right time, which I could do blindfolded in my sleep if I ever got any sleep which unfortunately I do not at this particular junction in my long and winding life.

I left for work, did my Tasmanian Devil imitation for 9 hours straight, then drove home.

Upon arriving home, I thought I would put load # 2 into the washing machine ... but lo and behold, load # 1 was still there, with the lid wide open, soaking in the fabric softener for 9 hours straight.

In spite of all the evidence to the contrary, I am truly enjoying life as a working woman.

1. I always did think sleep was a waste of time.
2. I love challenges, even though I complain about them endlessly.
3. I also enjoy complaining endlessly,which probably explains a lot.

And 4. I truly love soft towels.

So life is good.

~~~


2 comments:

Fran Hill said...

Yay! Great to hear from you, and also great to know that, despite being a super-duper career person, you forget to put the washing on. This is GOOD news for everyone. Glad you're enjoying life.

Lesley said...

Thanks Fran! I hope to settle into a rut one of these days, and get back to blogging on a semi-regular basis. I have a lot of catching up to do!

Christmas contest

We're having an office decorating contest at work! With prizes! So in my usual quirky way, I'm being as competitive as possible. ...