Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Seriously Terrible Holiday Gifts (Part 1)



(happy holidays! or not)

Dear J.C. Penney:

I just received your Christmas catalog in the mail. I knew right away that it was a Christmas catalog because it's red and shiny and it says WOW! YIPPEE! and FREE SHIPPING on the front. For me, those are the real sentiments behind the holidays. Yes, sirree. In fact, I bet that is exactly what the three Wise Men said when they reached the Baby Jesus.

WOW! YIPPEE! FREE SHIPPING directly from heaven!

What a heart-warming thought.

I do have a few questions about the catalog, though.

First, I was looking for a Dallas Cowboys t-shirt for my husband, and I noticed this picture of a headless, half-armed man:


I do think it's admirable that you use real-life, developmentally challenged people like this in your catalogs. Really I do. But this might be carrying it a little too far. Perhaps you could Photoshop someone else's head and upper arms onto him next time.

Just a suggestion.

I can't wait to see what's in the toy section of the catalog!

Sincerely,

Lesley

4 comments:

Fran Hill said...

That was very funny! I'm glad you're posting regularly again. I missed your sense of humour!

John said...

That is too funny! I've tweeted a link to your post! :)

Anonymous said...

This is great. I think we have the same sense of humor!

Lesley said...

Fran: Thanks, it's good to be back! If only they would let me blog during work hours ... sigh.

John: Wow, thanks!

Wally: Yes, we do. Your blog is hysterical.

Christmas contest

We're having an office decorating contest at work! With prizes! So in my usual quirky way, I'm being as competitive as possible. ...