Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cheap Kindle Books


(i love you, kindle)


I recently bought a Kindle. And yes, I love it.

I thought I would be able to find cheap Kindle books or even free Kindle books, which I mention only because I am shamelessly aware of the value of popular search terms such as Free Kindle Books and Horrible Terrible Halloween Costumes, which for some reason is still by far the most popular page on my blog.

Anyway.

Being something of a reading snob, I thought I would miss the sensation of turning pages. Not to worry. It is way easier to push the little "forward" button with my thumb. In fact, I think the Kindle people should really invent some way for me to simply think "forward" and have the pages flip.

Is that too much to ask?

So far, I have downloaded some fabulous free Kindle books, including:

Directions For Navigating On The South Coast Of Newfoundland With A Chart Thereof Including The Islands Of St Peters And Niguelon, which definitely deserves the prize for Longest Title Of The Year.

The Cattle Raid Of Cualge An Old Irish Prose Epic, which leaves me wondering whether they really have cattle in Ireland. Who knew?

The Little Princess, which held me spellbound as a child watching Shirley Temple tap-dance her way from riches to rags back to riches again but puts me to sleep in no time flat as an adult, which is not all bad.

Bottom line: I love my Kindle. I have no shame when it comes to exploiting keywords. And I'm hoping this blog post will bring all kinds of new readers. Hey, my blog is free. What's not to love?

~~~

1 comment:

Ellie Kings said...

Cute kindle and cute blog :) Someday I'll have a cute kindle too. Jealous. PS. They used to call me Shirley Temple when I was little. Something about bouncing curls and cute smile.

Christmas contest

We're having an office decorating contest at work! With prizes! So in my usual quirky way, I'm being as competitive as possible. ...