Friday, January 29, 2010

How to lose weight by buying nothing new

(me)


Don't hate me, but I am a teeny tiny person. Always have been. I probably weigh about as much as a typical 4th grader, or a typical 4-year-old if we're talking about Texas children.

No offense, if you are a 4-year-old Texas child.

Even teeny tiny people tend to put on a little weight as the years go by. And sure enough, I tried to put on some old jeans last week and they were way too small. This is not good. After all, I'm not buying anything new this year - so I have to work with what I've already got.

What should I do? Here are my choices:

1. Cut back on potato chips, peanuts, and melted cheese, which believe it or not are my three favorite foods. I am living proof that weight and cholesterol are sometimes related to dumb luck, not diet.

2. Cut out the laziness and start exercising. I actually attempted this a few years ago. Hubby and I joined a gym, hired a personal trainer, and started working out 4 or 5 days a week. It was really fun until Hubby threw his back out, I developed sciatica, and American Idol Season 6 started up and I just had to find out whether Sanjaya really had a chance, whether Melinda Doolittle really had a neck and whether Blake Lewis was really a human being because really, how can he possibly make those noises and sing at the same time? Really. I had to know.

3. Cut off the waistbands of my too tight jeans and sew on an ultra-attractive elastic band, which would give me lots of leeway and would probably be pretty comfortable, as well. I'm kind of leaning towards this strategy.

~~~

P.S. - Thought you might like to see my latest eBay buys! These are both "Free People" sweaters, which I picked up for about 1/4 of the original price. Boo ya.







~~~

7 comments:

The Retired One said...

You forgot the other option, maternity pants on Ebay...hahaaaa
Hey, you wouldn't have to worry about any more expansion for about 9 months of eating. :-}

The Retired One said...

P.S. And yes, I hate you. tiny person. Hmmmph......

Lesley said...

Retired One: Tiny. But growing. Maternity pants are exactly what I had in mind ...

Unknown said...

Ooooh ... not being able to buy bigger clothes is a great incentive to not gain weight. :)

Lovely sweaters!

Small Footprints

Fran Hill said...

Elastic is definitely the answer. You can eat as much as you like and you won't notice. Just avoid mirrors, or at least, wait until they're steamed up from the shower. By the way, the word verification is 'defruit'. Yes, eat more of defruit and less of dejunk. That's the other way.

Lesley said...

Small Footprints: Yes, one unexpected consequence of my BNNY year! haha

Lesley said...

Fran: I need to stay away from dechips and desalsa. But they're so delicious! dedarn.

Christmas contest

We're having an office decorating contest at work! With prizes! So in my usual quirky way, I'm being as competitive as possible. ...